I am an historian, writer and consultant based in the UK.
Here you can read news, reviews and long-form writings on my various interests:
- religion, culture and the arts. My most recent book is on Walter Hussey, Anglican patron of the arts.
- Christianity and British politics, with a particular interest in religion in Parliament and the law
- the worldwide Anglican church. My study of Michael Ramsey, archbishop of Canterbury, was published in 2015.
- the history of evangelicalism
- digital scholarship and the making and use of digital archives, and Web history and Web archives in particular
My consultancy, Webster Research and Consulting helps understand what users need from digital resources, and works with technologists to meet those needs.